photo NavigationBarhome_zpscfaeeff4.jpg photo NavigationBarabout_zps8dbf3d44.jpg photo NavigationBarfashion_zpsf1701eb8.jpg photo NavigationBarfamily_zpse5ffdf34.jpg photo NavigationBareveryday_zps99ddd9e7.jpg

Monday Monday.

Monday, October 3

Oh Monday. You are here again. 
Time to stop playing and get back to school, work, grocery shopping, house cleaning....awesome.

This weekend Nick and I went to Chicago to visit my parents. While driving along I-88, we noticed a storm off to the left....then it crossed our path and we got dumped on for about two minutes. Super cool. 


After the storm....a rainbow. So pretty.

 

My mom knew about the trip to Chicago with my Dad, but she did not know Nick and I were meeting up with them. The surprise worked perfectly. I tried to snap a picture when she walked into the restaurant where we were surprising her...but it all happened real fast and then she was jumping up and down freaking out and I forgot all about the picture I was trying to take. Anyways....she was surprised and we were super excited to shop! The majority of the weekend was spent at Ikea. Really. We spent like 6hrs shopping at Ikea on Saturday and then spent like 4hrs buying on Sunday. 
 We both came home with lots of goodies!


 They were thrilled about all of our purchases.Yes...this is exactly how they were standing. No posing here.


I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend! Stay tuned for pictures of my ikea treasures in our apartment!

8 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your blog on dailypolkadots. it sounds like you had a really great weekend in Chicago :)
    mysoulisthesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I'm new to your blog! I just wanted to let you know that I'm really enjoying discovering your blog and adventures - also your photos are great! Who takes them? What camera do you use?
    Keep up the good work!
    Ellyse
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from dailypolkadots...we were both highlighted. That storm looked ferocious. And gosh i wish we had an Ikea close. Closest to us is in Atlanta...need to make a trip there for sure. Glad to know of you and your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually take my photos...or ask my husband. :-) And my camera is a canon rebel xs. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather...I wish we had an ikea close too! The Chicago Ikea is about four hours from our house...so the trip is totally doable, but not super close. It is totally worth the drive though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute pictures!! and I LOVE the new picture of you at the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Love Love!!! Sounds like a fabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete