With Mother's Day fast approaching ( um...like tomorrow) I decided to try and make a beautiful flower pop-up card I saw in Martha Stewart Living. Well...after multiple tries and an unhealthy amount of frustration with construction paper, I called it quits and came up with a much simpler substitute.
For those of you who are up to the challenge, feel free to try the Martha Stewart version.
You will need paper, scissors, some sort of adhesive (tape, glue, wire, etc) , and something for the middle of your flower.
( I used a pearl bead...but a button or paper would work too).
1. Cut a square. Fold the square into quarters.
2. Fold one side of the folded square down to make a triangle.
Flip the square over and fold the other side down.
This is one side of the folded triangle. This is the other side.
4. Make sure the point is to the right and the straight side is on the left. Once your triangle matches the picture. Draw a half circle.
5. Cut along the line from right to left.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 to create another flower. Paste the two flowers together.
7. Cut a leaf or two and paste them to the back of the bigger flower.
8. Add the bead, button or paper to the center of your flower.
10. Add a little touch to the inside of the card.